Commonly Asked Questions about Dropz Backdrops
- We offer Free Shipping on Australian orders to most locations.
- Free postage may not be valid for some regional area's, if you require delivery to a regional location that is not classed within a metro area, please contact us first before placing the order to see if you are eligible for free shipping / and request a quote..
- Price List & Sizes - Lowest prices & the best deals - buy 2 get one free
- Care & Cleaning - Food & spills are no problem!
- Custom Orders & File Upload - Yes - we can print your file or design it for you
- Premium Quality - Thick Matte vinyl - 600gsm. Water resistant, easy to clean, no glare
- Display & Mounting - Helpful tips & photo's for how to hang, mount & display your backdrop
- Customer Photo Gallery - Photo's of our backdrops in use
- Q: Where are you located? Can I pick up my order the same day?
We are an Australian owned & operated company, we are located in Narre Warren South, Victoria. Our backdrops are printed by us, here in our Melbourne studio.
Yes, you can pick up your order the same day - please contact us before placing your order to make that arrangement.
- Q: Where do you print your backdrops? Are they printed overseas?
NO - we do not print overseas. We design it, we print it, and we ship it - all from the one location here in our Melbourne studio. Each order is custom made to suit your needs and freshly printed.
Please be mindful of other Australian backdrop suppliers who print overseas and post from an Australian location. Their delivery times can take weeks, their shipping costs are high and you may have issues with returns - lengthy delays & costs.
- Q: How much does shipping cost? Do you post it rolled up in a tube?
Shipping within Australia is FREE. We use various couriers depending on your location and we provide transport insurance & online tracking with your parcel.
We do not fold the backdrops, we post them rolled up in a mailing tube that also acts as a storage tube.
- Q: How long will it take to receive my order?
We print most orders the same day in our Melbourne studio, and post via courier on the next business day. Please refer to our shipping page for more information on our courier options & estimated delivery times, we aso offer an express courier service.
- Q: What are your backdrops made out of?
Our backdrops are made using our own exclusively formulated vinyl media that you won't find anywhere else. It is really thick and made to last - 600gsm.
It features a low glare textured matte surface, water resistant, easy to rinse off and wipe clean. You won't have to worry about creases when you keep it stored in the tube provided.
Our vinyl won't curl up on the edges like the thinner types you may find elsewhere.
- Q: Will I have a problem with unwanted glare & reflections from bright lighting or when using a camera flash?
The last thing you want to see in your photographs, are nasty hotspots, glare and reflections that can ruin your image and be very distracting. This can be an editing nightmare for professionals!
Our media is manufactured for the purpose of photography to eliminate most of the harsh annoying glare & reflections caused by event lighting, studio strobes, and when using a camera flash. It has a textured matte surface to absorb the light.
- Q: What happens if my order is lost during transit or arrives damaged?
All orders are insured for transport damage & missing parcels. Please inspect the contents of your parcel upon arrival within 48 hours.
In the unlikely event that your parcel arrives damaged, we will need to lodge a claim with the courier within 48 hours. We will require you to provide a few photo's to show the damaged tube / backdrop as evidence to support the claim.
Please refer to our Shipping page for more detailed information.
- Q: Are your backdrops suitable for cake smash & food? Are they easy to clean? What about pets, children and little accidents?
Our backdrops are water resistant, easy to clean & printed using environmentally friendly inks which are odourless & nickel free. Perfect for food, & totally safe for newborns & people.
They can be used for messy cake smash, pie face & paint splat sessions, food & drinks are no problem when used as a table covering, and they are even safe in the event of an accident if your subject is unable to make it to the bathroom!
Simply use a damp cloth to wipe clean. Our smaller backdrops can even be rinsed under the sink and dried off with a hand towel.
Please refer to our Care page for more detailed information.
Don't you just love it when you have a question in your mind and then you find the answer straight away? Or perhaps you already know the answer to your question and have come to this page looking for a validation.
We hope that your question has been answered and you found this page useful.
If you would like to see some of our backdrops being used, check out the amazing photo's that our customers have shared with us!
Please contact us if your question was not answered here and one of our staff will happily assist you.
Ask Now - At Dropz Backdrops