Dropz Backdrops Delivery and Shipping
ongoing Update whilst Covid restrictions and lockdowns are enforced
Same information applies as per below June - July update.
New information regarding delivery address to businesses, shops, factories, that are closed to the public in lockdown area's.
**Courier's have advised that any shipments to businesses that are closed to the public will be Returned to Sender with no refund on postage costs. You will then be required to pay for the additional shipping cost for us to re-send the parcel back to you at an alternative address.
There are no refunds in this situation on the products ordered or the postage costs.
The courier will not knock on the front door, use a rear door or receiving entrance, or attempt to deliver to a business, shop front, factory, etc that is closed to the public.
Unfortunately the carriers are struggling because they are holding so much freight in their depots that can't be delivered to businesses in lockdown area's, especially Sydney and Melbourne metro areas because the businesses are closed due to lockdowns. The carriers cannot store goods and have limited space (which is needed to sort freight); they need to move the goods on and get them delivered and if that can't happen because the receiving business is closed then the goods have to be returned to sender.
We are advising all customers to ensure you check with any destination delivery address for a businesses located in a lockdown area to ensure the business is operating, open and allowed to trade to the public and that someone will be in attendance to receive the goods during the hours 8am - 6pm.
Please also factor in the delays to courier collection and transit times which we have noted on the Header Notification on our website.
By proceeding with your order, you are agreeing to these conditions.
June - July Update Covid
Covid lockdown impacts each and every one of us, including our customers, our business, staff, and family in many ways that are beyond our control.
When in lockdown, communication and orders may be delayed due to some staff not being able to attend the office or workplace if travelling restrictions are in place. When schools close and during school holidays, we need to stay home to look after children and attend to home schooling requirements, which reduces the time available to process orders and respond to inquiries.
Delivery costs have also increased to regional area's and locations that are further away from us such as Tas, WA, QLD among some states this has occurred.
There may be ongoing or unforeseen delivery delays for couriers delivering interstate whilst border checkpoints are in place - this changes frequently based on the covid situation in affected area's without prior notice
No delivery dates can be guaranteed
Regional and non-metro locations may experience additional delay's if impacted by border closures which can occur at any time without warning
Please wait until your order has been received before booking your event or photo session to avoid disappointment if delivery is delayed
No refunds are given once the order has been printed
We do not guarantee delivery dates, if your order does not arrive within the estimated time provided by the courier, we will not be held liable or responsible because we can only provide you with an estimate, not a guarantee. There are no refunds, returns, or exchanges for late deliveries. Please wait for your backdrop order to arrive before scheduling your event.
- Our backdrops are rolled up & posted in a mailing tube. We do not fold them.
- We freshly print each order onsite in our Melbourne studio which is why our turnaround times are super fast!
- The courier will NOT deliver to a PO BOX, PARCEL LOCKER, upstairs residential apartment, secure premises with a gated / fenced off entrance or closed gate, or a property where a dog can be seen or heard barking. The courier must be able to stop out the front / in the driveway and walk up to the door.
- Flat rate Shipping of $15 on Australian orders for backdrops that are 1.5m or less on the shortest side, delivering to a metro address.
- If you require delivery to a regional location that is not classed within a metro area, such as Tasmania, Far North QLD, certain area's within WA, and other remote or non-metro locations please contact us first before placing the order as there may be higher shipping costs that apply to these locations.
- Large Backdrop Sizes / Bulk Orders: Sizes that are longer than 1.5m on the shortest side will need to be quoted shipping costs before the order is placed, and are not valid for the flat rate of $15 due to the longer length. If the backdrop does not fit into a 1.6m long tube, additional shipping charges will need to be quoted / applied to your order.
- Pick up - You can collect your parcel from us in Langwarrin VIC 3910. Simply choose the local pick up option in checkout and we will notify you when it is ready with the collection details.
- Same Day pick up may be available depending on how busy we are on the day. Please contact us first to confirm before placing the order and choose the Rush Printing option in checkout.
- Express Shipping
- Please contact us via email before placing your order if you would like to use an alternative delivery service or an express courier option.
- We do not offer express delivery services as this can lead to disappointment if the courier fails to deliver on time and you require the order to be delivered by a certain date.
- If you wish to choose an alternative or express courier service, we will provide you with the parcel dimensions and pick up address so that you can obtain your own quotes and place the booking with the courier yourself at your own expense.
- Once your order has been printed and packaged ready for collection, we will advise so that you can book the courier and email the label through to us.
- Do not book your own courier without contacting us first or before your parcel has been printed and packaged.
- If there are any problems that arise such as delayed delivery, damaged parcel, lost or missing parcel, it will be your responsibility to follow up any issues with the courier yourself.
- We will not be held responsible for any problems as you have booked your own courier and chosen to use an alternative delivery service that we do not provide or advertise on our website.
- Orders are sent using a variety of local couriers that we select based on your delivery address as not all couriers deliver to all locations.
- Most orders are sent with Courier's Please and Sendle
- We may also use Australia Post for small backdrop orders and Startrack / Amarex Fastway for certain area's.
- If you would like to choose your own courier, please contact us and we will provide you with the parcel details and pick up address for you to book and pay for your own courier if preferred.
- Authority to leave If you choose the ATL - postage option and your item is stolen, we will not be held responsible for this if the tracking information shows that your item was delivered ATL.
- If you do not require a signature on delivery, the courier will leave the parcel unattended at the address provided. Parcels left unattended are at your own risk and not covered by insurance in the event of theft, and no refund, replacement or compensation will be offered to you as this is the option that you chose.
- Signature on delivery If you choose this option, the delivery address will need to be attended during the hours of 8am and 6pm to sign for your parcel. Re-delivery costs will apply which is at your expense if you are not home the first time to receive the parcel or if you do not hear the courier knock on your door.
- The courier does not provide a delivery date and time, please monitor the tracking information for updates.
- If you are not home at the time of delivery or if you do not hear the courier knock or ring the doorbell & your parcel needs to be signed for, the courier will take the parcel back to their depot.
- A calling card may be left for you, or you may be notified via email or phone, or we may be notified by email that nobody answered the door at the time of delivery.
- The courier may offer to arrange for a re-delivery or you may be able to collect it from their depot. Re-delivery costs will apply which is at your expense if you are not home the first time to receive the parcel or if you do not hear the courier knock on your door.
- The courier will NOT deliver to a PO BOX, PARCEL LOCKER, upstairs residential apartment, secure premises with a gated / fenced off entrance or closed gate, or a gated property where a dog can be seen or heard. The courier must be able to stop out the front / in the driveway and walk up to the door.
Estimated delivery times
- Rush Printing - choose this option in checkout. Orders Under $500 that are placed before 2pm will be printed within 24 hours and the standard courier booked on the following business day once printed.
This is not an express delivery service, it is for us to print your order as priority and despatch sooner.
- Standard orders are printed within 3 business days as an estimate & then shipped via courier on the following business day. This is an estimate, not a guarantee as it depends how many orders we have to print at any given time.
- Custom files and orders where custom artwork is required may take additional time.
- During peak times of the year, and other occasional times when we are busier than normal which can occur without warning, it may take longer for us to print your order therefore please wait until you receive your order before scheduling your photo session or event.
- Delivery estimates are calculated from the next business day after the courier picks up the parcel from us.
- VIC & NSW Metro: Estimated 1-2 business days in transit
- QLD Metro: Estimated 3-4 business days in transit
- SA, WA, TAS Metro: Estimated 3-5 business days in transit
- Regional area's, non-metro and remote locations will most likely take longer to arrive than the above metro delivery estimates.
- You will receive tracking information via email once we have booked the courier.
- If your delivery address is in a remote or regional area and the shipping cost or delivery time is extensive, we will contact you to discuss the courier quotes and options available as additional shipping costs will be incurred at your expense.
***** Orders placed on Public Holidays, Weekends, Victorian School holidays, Xmas, Easter, etc may require a longer processing, print and dispatch time.
We will not be held responsible for any transport and delivery delays. Once the parcel is collected from us we have no further control over it, therefore we are unable to guarantee delivery by a certain date.
Please wait until you have received your order before booking in your photography session or event to avoid disappointment.
- Please contact us for a quote based on your location & what you would like to order
- Please provide your shipping address & the size/qty of backdrops you would like to order so that we can obtain a shipping quote for you.
At Dropz Backdrops, we design it, print it and post it. Just like that. We look forward to working with you!